Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Will it float?

I watched the History Channel's Modern Marvels: Monster Trucks last night on Netflix. I definitely recommend it. In my favorite stunt, a 10,000 lb. truck jumped over a 727 jetliner that was, of course, on fire.

The history of the monster truck and its mechanical revolution was revealed. The documentary featured interviews from drivers and fans which really helped me appreciate this fantastic piece of Americana.

My favorite fact I learned in the film? Monster trucks float. The discovery was made accidentally at a photo shoot on the edge of a lake. Apparently, huge tires are buoyant enough to float the 5-ton truck. David Letterman definitely needs to get Big Foot on his show for a special segment of Will it Float?.

1 comment:

dGarry39 said...

To date, those monster truck had advanced their tricks and capabilities. The backflip is what I like the most of theit stunts.