Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What's wrong with you women?


We had "girls night out" recently to celebrate Kelly and Jennifer who are getting married soon. This sort of event is usually not right up my alley. But we started at the Brew Pub and I always feel at home there. Next we headed to My Best Friend's Closet to try on what Kestral called, "super, super cute clothes." I usually feel pretty out of place in a group of women doing "girl things" but I admit even the clothes store was fun. I tried on a slinky black dress that I'd never be seen in public with. It amused my co-workers who know this type of dress is not likely to join my wardrobe.

After some champagne we hit the Fun Factory- a Chucky Cheese-like family fun center. Ski ball and air hockey went off without a hitch. That's before Ilona exhibited inappropriate behavior and we were all thrown out. I never thought I'd be 86'd from the Fun Factory! If that wasn't bad enough, the woman kicked us off the sidewalk as well; we had to wait across the street. That's when a homeless man gawked at the ruckus we were making and remarked, "What's wrong with you women?"

The rest of the group finished off the night at the bars. But I hit Magic Sands with Chris, James and Lisa for some moonlight boogie boarding. It's creepy and exhilarating to take off on a wave that you can't see.

No comments: