Sunday, August 19, 2007

Non-events

Despite a hurricane, a tsunami and some earthquakes, last week was pretty uneventful. Flossie broke apart as she approached the Big Island. We got some clouds and a light sprinkle. My side of the island didn't even get any surf, so my board is still sitting lonely under the house.

There were several earthquakes throughout the week. A 5.4 rattled the house little, and a 3.8 woke me up two nights later. But they were on the other side of the island and we barely felt them.

Then we got news of a tsunami watch after the earthquake in Peru. East Hawaii was hit by a small tsunami in the middle of the night while most residents were fast asleep. The only reason we know there was a tsunami was because the newspaper told us there was one.

All that fun and a sinus infection didn't keep me from dive classes. I am finally getting certified for scuba. We have two more classes this week and a boat dive Saturday, then I'll be open water certified. It's about time I got around to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Now when I come to visit we can go diving!
Colleen