Tuesday, May 30, 2006


Memorial Day Weekend

I haven't updated the blog in more than a week. Work has been really hectic and frustrating and the customers have been more out of control than usual. It's been wearing on me and at night I am too tired to do anything.

But the three day weekend and observance of Memorial Day refreshed me and left me thinking of the things that make this country great.

Washing our Jeeps and waxing up our surfboards, grilling burgers and listening to John Mellencamp. Jim Nabors singing Back Home Again in Indiana at the start of the Indy 500 followed by that famous exclamation, "Lady and gentlemen, start your engines!" There's no prouder moment to be an American and a Hoosier. You can bet my 9 1/2 foot flag was on display this weekend. God bless America!

There was a fun potluck at church, plenty of eating, basketball, volleyball and tom foolery. I am embarrassed to be from Indiana but not know how to play basketball. The rope swing proved to be more fun. We weren't supposed to play on it, but I didn't know that until later when I heard Pastor Bruce telling the kids not use the swing anymore. I didn't have the courage to tell him I was the one who climbed the tree and got the swing down in the first place. I think I am busted, though, because Kim Jensen took this photo and now I am posting to evidence online.

No comments: