Thursday, June 01, 2006


Fun with boxes

Dianne is moving so John gave her some boxes to use, and they're stacked next to my desk. What's the big deal? Every WHT employee has walked by my desk in the last day and asked me about the boxes. And I am sick and tired of being interrupted from my work to explain why the boxes are there. Tom finds my irritation to be funny so he wanted to put up a sign that says, "Ask me about the boxes." He also put one of the boxes over Dianne's chair while she was at lunch. Then I get to explain to everyone that, "No, Dianne did not get a new chair. It is just a box over her existing chair." Then Dino put a sign on the boxes declaring that he is moving to Old A's to live in the boxes. So everyone in the office was motivated to leave house warming gifts: a shot glass, cheese and crackers, Mardi Gras beads. You'd think we were a bunch of three-year-olds playing with these stupid boxes. How can I work under such conditions?

No comments: