Saturday, May 20, 2006

God's Gas

That's what Hank Hill calls it. No wonder he has dedicated his life to selling propane and propane accessories. We went out to NELHA Friday night to fire up the hibachi in celebration of my mom's 60th birthday. That little grill took FOREVER.

Today was the one-year anniversary sale at Leisure Island Grill. I counted myself blessed just to see their amazing grills in action. The chef from Jackie Rey's was there cooking up seared ahi, rotisserie chicken and beef, and it was delicious! They should have charged admission. The store sells high-end BBQs and designs and builds custom outdoor kitchens. You'd have to see these things to believe them. My dad's boss bought a $1,200 grill there last week for his vacation rental, and it's not one of the fancy ones. If you live in Kona you really need to go see their showroom. It's truly inspirational. These American-made stainless steel beauties use infrared technology that heats up to 1,100 degrees. And they come with a 20-year warranty.

Here's where the story is going. The store had a drawing to win a portable, stainless steel, infrared grill. And my mom won! My folks went straight from the grill store to Costco to buy meat. The grill is a beauty. She heats up immediately and she burns so hot if you shut the lid it will warp. This table-top miracle cooked a T-bone to perfection in just under 6 minutes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that your mom won. I haven't won anything lately, although I am keeping my fingers crossed for DMB tickets (and a limo ride there) and Red Sox tickets.....
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Hey Andi!
I love your blog site!
I am not to sure how to just send you a note. (I guess email would work) I love seeing the pictures! It make me miss you all so much! The grill is awesome! Is your mom always so lucky? I hope I got some of those genes.I am watching Foreigner on the Today show! "Double Vision" Wow! (they are old)