Monday, March 06, 2006

Home Sweet Home

It's a bummer when a vacation ends, but Hawaii's not a bad place to come back to. I forgot how green everything is! Even returning to work wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I was greeted by several pictures on the bulletin board of the Olympics with my face photoshopped in- I guess I did the bobsled, luge, ski jump and I even got married on my vacation. That's what I get for leaving photos of myself laying around.

The Kids Are Here
My sister-in-law is here visiting with my 2-year-old niece, Camille, and 4-year-old niece, Lydia. It's pretty wild to have kids running around the house.

Orchestra
This weekend our community orchestra (the Kona Ohana Orchestra) played a concert at the Aloha Theatre and another at Hualalai Academy. We prepared so long for the concerts it's a shame they're over already. We used to be called Kona Chamber Orchestra but after three years of having the name the Kona Music Society demanded we give the name up to them. They say they used the name years ago and it still belongs to them. We don't think they ever had the name to begin with. What a crock.

I Beat the Boss
Peaman was the other highlight of the weekend. It was a 1/2 mile swim and 4 mile run, but I only did the swim portion. It took me 20 minutes and 12 seconds. The exciting part is I beat Tracey. Not by much but I beat her. I beat the boss. I beat the boss. I beat the boss. Victory is sweet!

No comments: