Friday, March 10, 2006


Hay is for horses (and so is my dad's lawn)

The animals in my neighborhood were particularly noisy last night. The horses that live in the field next to us stomped their hooves and brayed. Dogs barked. And howled. Finally, my dad got up. The next thing I heard was, "Shoo! Shoo!"

I got up see what he was shooing. There stood three horses in our front yard, chomping away on my dad's prized green grass. No wonder all the hee-hawing and hoof clomping was so loud. The horses were right outside my window. It hilarious to watch three horses roam the neighborhood, strolling down Walua Road as if they owned it. I hoped they'd still be around in the morning so they could intimidate the parade of chatty women who walk their rat dogs down our street each day. Instead, four police cars came and lead the horses back into their field. Too bad the Kona cops aren't as skilled removing the druggies from downtown Kona.

No comments: