Sunday, September 29, 2013

A bizarre blessing

Chis came across an unusual find while doing yard work yesterday. A poor turkey had run into a little trouble while flying through or roosting in our banana trees and it hanged itself. It was hard for me to believe, but there I was staring at this turkey hanging from the tree. It was pretty injured but still alive, so Chris cleaned it and we had a nice turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans from our garden. Money doesn't grow on trees, but apparently, sometimes, free groceries do. I was also struck by how colorful the features were up close.

I never realized how gorgeous turkey feathers are.

1 comment:

Bartlett Family said...

Some years ago my older brother shot a wild turkey which my mom cooked and our whole family ate. We were all surprised how tender and tasty it was.