Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Fond Farewell

WHT employees and ex-staffers came out to the Kona Brew Pub in droves Friday night to celebrate Baron's "graduation" from West Hawaii Today and North Hawaii News. He faithfully served the company for 18 years and he will surely be missed. I sure am glad he'll be sticking around the island so I can see him in real life, and I'll continue to follow his blog as well. In fact, I started this blog with encouragement from Baron back in 2005. Thanks for the great idea, Baron.

Baron has an almost identical photo posted on his blog, but I am posting this anyway because I like it a lot.

We counted over 30 in attendance:

3 comments:

baron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
baron said...

Hey! I look like a Red Hot Chili Peppers member with the flame coming out of my head! Or maybe a Jane's Addiction album cover.

Mahalo for the get-together. And first come, first serve for my empty locker #4.

Brian said...

Free at last, free at last - thank Gosh almighty, Baron's free at last!