Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm feeling thankful

As I reflect on the goodness in my life it's obvious there's lot more to Thanksgiving than good company and a plate full of turkey. What I have I owe to God, he has really blessed me.

I could go on about my family and the friends I have and how much they add to my life. I could tell you about the joys of exploring the island every weekend in my shiny, jacked-up Jeep. I could be, and I am, thankful for my ability to hold down a good job that supplies all the gas, steak, Brew Pub trips, scuba gear rentals and ipods I could ever want.

I'm grateful for all of these things. But they seem minor when compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus, my Lord. It blows my mind, a God bigger and more holy than anything I can ever understand, is also more loving than I'll ever comprehend. I'm amazed that he makes himself known to those who seek him, and that he offers us salvation. When I realize our magnificent God chose to make himself known to me, I'm completely blown away. I'm not sure the words thanksgiving, gratefulness or gratitude fully grasp what I feel.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Yes, be thankful, but remember those less fortunate - those who are poor, sad and/or without health insurance.