Friday, February 02, 2007


What a Glorious Day

I had a little time between church and a BBQ last Sunday. I intended to wash some clothes and make it possible to safely walk through my bedroom. But the beautiful weather forced me to make different plans. The sky was blue and the mountains and horizon were crisp and clear. I hung out by the ocean at Honokohau, then I drove up to Kaloko to get a view from the 5,000 foot level of Hualalai. Hualalai means obstruction in Hawaiian. The mountain can be obstructed by clouds for months at a time, sometimes I forget it's even there.

Sunday was also special because I became of member of Grace Community Church. I've been going there for the past year or more and I love it so much! There are tons of really awesome people who have accepted me into their family, and they have found ways for me to participate and serve at the church. It's pretty exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your little bit of heaven with us. Here in Indiana, the ground is white with dirty street sides covered with salt. It is 5 degrees with a wind chill below zero! The authorities have recommended for us not to be outside for more than 15 minutes at a time.
It sure is beautiful to see your pictures. Wish I was there!!
Jeanne

Andrea said...

All week long I wished I could be in your neck of the woods...where people actually cared that the Bears were in the Superbowl. But I don't miss that painful, biting cold. My only pain is from a slight subburn I got while sitting on the beach all day.

My pastor heads to Minneapolis tonight, he's not happy about that. And I am worried about him- you should see the flimsy jackets people lent him to wear. I don't think he even knows how to dress for the cold. Next time he goes, I'll have to see to it that he's dressed appropraitely.