Monday, February 26, 2007



Pretty Music
Sorry for the lack of updates on the blog, I've just been too dang busy to mess with it. This photo is from last weekend. Sonicflood played the YWAM Kona campus, it was a great time of worship, and it felt like half the town was down there. I have to admit, I don't have the whole Christian concert thing figured out yet. Is it a concert or a church service? I'm all about expressive behavior and loud music at church. But in a concert setting, I am more apt to focus on the music and the guys on stage, at church it's all about Jesus. So I guess the atmosphere confused me. Maybe I've just been to too many Metallica concerts and I am more used to the crowd yelling "Die! Die! Die!" than "Praise Jesus!" There were definite benefits to the Christian venue: I could rest assured that guy face down on the floor next to me was not passed out or puking on my slippers, he was simply worshiping the Lord.


Johnny Lang

Another good time was had at the Johnny Lang concert the next night at the brew pub. Every musician on that stage was phenomenal. These incredible performers would take off on a song and jam. They really took it to the next level, way beyond the realm of the simple organized sound and silence that makes up most music. The show was top notch!

No comments: