Sunday, October 22, 2006

Scuba Fun

My most recent adventure was yesterday. I didn't get on the Ironman water patrol this year so I was disappointed and I figured I'd just watch the race from the lanai with my binoculars and a cup of coffee.

Instead, a friend took me Scuba diving. I won't mention this friend's name b/c he/she should not be taking me diving because I am not certified. I was briefed on a few skills in the neighbor's pool, then we went to Kona Paradise for our first dive. I have to admit it was creepy being so far under the ocean's surface and the water was cloudy and rough. The waves crashing unto Pebble Beach made an enormous, eerie sound from down below. It was so exciting! We saw a huge eel and some neat rock formations, including one with a huge, amazing crack. We went down to 65 feet, I didn't even realize we were down that far. We did a second dive at Two Steps. That was fun because I know that bay really well, it was neat to see it from an underwater perspective. One day soon I hope to find the time to get certified so I can be "legal."

No comments: