Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day Four. Goodbye, Colorado River

We packed up camp and crossed Colorado on the silver bridge. It's made with steel grates so you can look through the bridge and see water flowing below. They can't take mules on this bridge because they get freaked out.

It was an easy hiking day so we went to a beautiful sand beach on the river to kill some time and eat snack bars. I could have sat there forever watching the water pass by. I jumped off rocks into the water repeatedly until I was sure I was driving folks crazy. We were all sad to leave the river. From then on we'd be hiking uphill where our adventure would end.

Our riverside oasis:


Our shady luch spot. I had a tortilla with peanut butter, we were getting down to slim pickin's. Then we checked out some ancient indian ruins.

No comments: