Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Yard House

Jim and I went to Long Beach Saturday to have a look at the Queen Mary. We never got there. A block before the harbor was a location right next door to heaven- the Yard House. It would have taken a forklift to pick our jaws up off the floor, but we had to close our jaws to swallow the beer. 250 of them. All on tap. Fresh cold ales and lagers, stouts and porters, pilsners and IPS from around the globe. We swapped beer stories with the bartender and sampled IPAs to compare them to the award winning Castaway IPA served at our local pub. Jim found his favorite beer that he drank in Europe, Leffe from Belgium. My favorite was actually a microbrew from California called Arrogant Bastard. I hate the name, but met a guy in Kona who told me the story behind it, and Kona's best bartender recommended it to me before. The Kronenbourg 1664 was pretty good, too. Now I have two more reasons to be excited for my Arizona trip next month- Yard House Phoenix and Yard House Scottsdale.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...are you missing some details on the DMB concert??? I've been waiting to hear about it!!
Colleen

Brian said...

Yardhouse is a pretty popular chain here. there are three that I know of (LBC, Irvine, Costa Mesa).

Sorry I missed you guys. I'm a 10-minute bicycle ride from Yardhouse - right down the paved bike path that runs on the beach!

Andrea said...

I am sorry we missed you, too, Brian. Jim and I should have planned better. The only thing that could have made our visit to the Yard House better would have been you!