Saturday, June 24, 2006


Next stop, Antarctica

There's a great cliff jumping spot in Keauhou called End of the World, but I think that name is better suited for the cliffs at South Point. Jim has been excited about jumping from this spot for weeks. I had myself talked out of it until I stood at the top of the cliff today and I saw how fun it looked. I'll add jumping off the southernmost point of the United States to the "cool stuff I've done" list.

Jim didn't warn me about the rickety ladder you have to climb to get out. It's one looooong rickety ladder. It's rusty and the rungs are hard to grip because they're skinny and wet. And it dangles from the cliff so the ladder swings as the waves hit it.

We also 4-wheeled to Green Sands Beach and enjoyed the day. It was sunny and the wind was calm, which is unusual at South Point. The sand doesn't look so green in the photo, but when you run your hands through it, the sand sure looks green. It was another remarkable day.

No comments: