Friday, December 04, 2015

Feeling Fall

This post is going to be mostly photos. Chris and I spent almost six weeks in Minnesota, from early September when we were sweating at the state fair to mid October when it was getting down into the 40s overnight, Chris was cutting firewood in a Carhart jacket and we were wading in leaves. It was the first time I have truly experienced a full season change in 15 years and it felt amazing. Though, it's odd that since returning to Hawaii, it's been harder than usual to track which season it is. I can't remember whether it's summer or winter until I stop to think about it.
Chris was so natural paddling the canoe and exploring islands in the Mississippi River

We don't usually get to wear sweaters and get cozy by the fireplace

Fall means squirrel season

Sun shines through the forest after a pre-dawn rain

My father-in-law has painted this tree more than once

Golden leaves

Some firewood cut for the boiler

No comments: