Sunday, April 08, 2012


These boots were made for walkin'

In 2006 I hiked the Grand Canyon in inferior hiking boots and I lost my two big toenails as a result. One still has not grown back properly. As soon as I returned from that trip I went down to see Jim the French horn player at Jim's shoes and he sold me the best pair of boots I have ever owned. They made it through rivers and lava tubes, over mountains and to the bottom of valleys and canyons. They have performed hours of yard work and travelled to several states, two continents and even Japan. They kept up with Chris through our courtship and through almost four years of marriage, while Chris burned through many pairs of combat boots. There is no way to replace a pair of boots like these, so when the day came, I went down to see Jim and purchased another pair just like the last. I wonder where these new boots will take me?

No comments: