Friday, February 03, 2012


Garden Hotel Okinawa

We stayed in this really nice hotel that is set in the middle of the jungle about two miles from Ada and the ocean in the northern part of Okinawa. I can't say enough about the friendly people who worked there. Many days we had the entire hotel to ourselves, which was a strange experience for the first few days. I felt bad about all the work the employees were doing just for us. On the weekends, the hotel filled up with guests from mainland Japan.

I could have taken pictures of the ornate Japanese table in the lobby, the stone stairway or the floor in our room that was made of real slats of wood. Instead, you are getting a shot of the control panel on the toilet that was in our room. I never learned what all the buttons do. It had a bidet that would spray in two different areas, you could change the water temperature and the temperature of the seat. The toilet in the airport also had a button that makes a flushing sound in case you don't want the person in the stall next to you to hear any "other" sounds that might be created while using the toilet.



We'll I don't want to end this sting of posts discussing toilets so I'll conclude with this memorabilia the chef gave us on our last night in the hotel. He wrote, in Japanese, "Once in a lifetime chance." After a trip like this, I couldn't have said it better!

No comments: