Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting the band together


Weekend before last I had the privilege of playing Brahms Symphony #1 with the Kamuela Philharmonic. This symphony is an incredible, benchmark piece which was a thrill to play. It made me forget how exhausted I was and how much my back hurt after two solid days of rehearsal and performing the hour-long piece. Playing with a group of this caliber is really amazing. I feel blessed to share the stage with such talented and dedicated musicians. What an opportunity! I was especially inspired by the three young solo competition winners we accompanied before playing the Brahms.


These past couple of months have been a whirlwind. I just looked through our pictures from Okinawa so I could remind myself that it wasn't a dream. We did, in fact, go to Japan. We returned just in time for the Christmas party season, then I was preparing for the Brahms concert. Now I can take a deep breath and catch up on the blog.


Preparing for our dress rehearsal Sunday afternoon.

No comments: