Sunday, October 23, 2011

Taking Time to Enjoy the God-made

I often long to go camping, and when I finally get out there it's even better than I had hoped. There is no schedule to adhere to and I can spend all day with my sweetheart exploring new places and admiring God's handiwork. We spent the last day of our trip in Las Vegas and the difference between what's God-made and what's man-made was striking. All the flashy lights, fake Lady Liberty statues, pyramid shaped hotels and showy water fountains pale in comparison with the grander of the great outdoors.


Chris takes in the view on one of our hikes.



I had to shield myself from the hot campfire while preparing apple oatmeal on our trusty Pocket Rocket camp stove.



Peering through the golden Aspens in Dixie National Forest.

No comments: