Sunday, October 23, 2011



I'm a Grand Fan


I've always been captivated by the Grand Canyon. My family drove from Indiana to see this wonder when I was three years old and I still have memories of that trip. During most of my growing up years, I imagined there could be nothing better in life than a return trip to the Grand Canyon, and I finally made that journey five years ago and did the four-day rim-to-rim hike I always dreamed of.


On our recent trip, I was thrilled to stand on the edge and marvel beside my husband. What a great thing to share together! We spent several nights camping in the Kaibab National Forest near Grand Canyon National Park, taking in dozens of viewpoints in and outside the park and hiking many trails. It's such a huge area, a person could spend years exploring just the rim of the canyon, not to mention what's down below. When I think about a trip to Havasu Falls, Horeshoe Mesa or someplace even more secluded I get antsy to pack my bags.


No comments: