Tuesday, December 21, 2010



Christmas on the Beach

Our employee Christmas party this year was a breakfast buffet on the beach beside the Orchid at Mauna Lani Hotel. It's always nice to visit with the work gang when we're not in a work setting, and it was also a great last hurrah for our publisher, Rick, who is retiring this year after more than 37 years with the company.

Besides being entertained by my friends, I was mesmerized by the nearby koi pond. After the party cleared out I put on my swim suit and goggles and took a quick dip in the pond to get a better look. There wasn't a 'no swimming' sign to be found anywhere and the curious and colorful fish were absolutely delightful. The gorgeous beach setting at Mauna Lani did not disappoint, I had a nice long ocean swim and took time to read a book.





No comments: