Sunday, November 29, 2009


Could I Have Some Fish with those Bones?

Thanksgiving morning was already off to a good start. In addition to waking up next to my sweetheart (which I get to do everyday) I had a relaxing day with family to look forward to, a fresh cup of Kona Coffee, I was swimming in newspaper which showed our staff's success at warding off the recession by selling oodles of Thanksgiving Day ads, and I also had a fried flounder on my plate. The meat was tender and yummy and it tasted exactly like a freshwater fish. However, I have never seen so many bones in a fish in my entire life. Bones ran ever which way and they were long and stringy like hair. Chris gave up on his portion of the fish, but after about 45 minutes of effort I managed to lick most of the meat out of the bone pile. The spectacle reminded me of my uncle, Wayne, who I know could have done a supurb job of eating that fish.

Thanksgiving is the perfect time to remember family. It frustrates me that life gets so busy and distracts me from things most important. Spending a calm day hiking with my two favorite men (husband and dad) eating a fabulous meal prepared by mom and browsing Christmas decorations and old photos was a great time to reflect on things I highly value. The day was well spent; it felt right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you posted this! Brightens my day!

~M~