Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Minnesota Aloha
Chris and I returned last week from a trip to Minnesota to visit with his (our) family. When I married Chris I knew I was really getting something good, but I didn't appreciate how big of a blessing my new family would also be. Chris' parents rented a cabin on a lake where I had a whole week to get to know the clan better. I couldn't have felt more welcomed and it's obvious Hawaii isn't the only place that knows about aloha.
In addition to spending time with my new ohana, I was given a true Minnesota experience: fishing, lakes, loons, hail, bait shops, northern accents, wild rice, wild raspberries, mosquitoes and more.
With the help of Captain Dan, I caught this 17" walleye. Chris measured it with a homemade tape measure to be sure it wasn't too big to keep. (18" and larger go back in the lake)

Peaceful setting:



When Reed's sporting goods stocks jigs they don't kid around.

No comments: