Thursday, March 19, 2009


Part of this complete breakfast: Cocoa Wheats, toast, spam and West Hawaii Today

I'm Coo-coo for Cocoa Wheats

I've eaten Cocoa Wheats since childhood. Growing up, I never knew how good I had it. As it turns out, this "creamy hot cereal with the cocoa treat," is a regional specialty. I wish I could share this remarkable meal with everybody. Since marrying me, Chris has become a fan, and I know others in the world are missing out.
Made by Little Crow Foods in Warsaw, Ind. since 1903, most people outside of the midwest have never heard of this breakfast sensation. Although, a friend of mine "hit it big in Vegas" once when he found and purchased Cocoa Wheats for me there.

This is a long story to say cousin Jeanne totally rocks because she just sent us eight boxes of Cocoa Wheats purchased at WalMart in Indiana. YES!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Hi Andi,

Just checked in from FBI blogs.

Yes, Cocoa Wheats--a nostalgic blast from the past! Didn't even know they still made the stuff. Mmmm, I can almost smell it...

Anyone who loves Cocoa Wheats is a kindred spirit. And I still remember the jingle:

"Cocoa Wheats, Cocoa Wheats Can't be Beat;

It's the happy hot cereal with the Cocoa treats;

Tastes like..."(okay the old memory is fading on the words, but a permanent recording of the melody is embedded in some deep, dark musical corner of my brain.

So...what time is breakfast? If I leave now, I think I can get there by 9:00. :-)

Just a warning, though: Damon might take issue with the newspaper part of your breakfast because it conflicts with his diabolical plan for bloggers to take over the world.

Seriously, welcome to the FBI family, Andi!

Tim
Intercultural Twilight Zone

Kathy Hrapek said...

you can also order directly from Little Crow Foods from the website.. just an fyi. I ordered 12 boxes (1 case) http://www.littlecrowfoods.com/front.asp

so now you don't ever have to go without :)