Thursday, January 15, 2009


Accomplishments

I've been working hard lately and I feel good about it. I am the writer for West Hawaii Today's new real estate magazine, West Hawaii Real Estate "Live Big." We published the first issue Wednesday with Kelly's beautiful design, my articles and enough ads to support a 12-page section. The challege now will be keeping up with deadlines. I'll need copy for a new issue every other week while keeping up with a lot of other duties.

Another accomplishment came Sunday when I played viola with the Kamuela Philharmonic. I have played with similar groups in the past, but this group is the most skilled orchestra I have ever had the pleasure performing with. We rehearsed all day Saturday and held a dress rehearsal Sunday before the concert. It was exhausting, but also exhilarating from the moment our bows hit the strings until we finally peeled our sweaty behinds off the seats to take a bow at the end of the show. We played the Overature to Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss, Ma Vlast (second movement) by Bedrich Smetana, and we accompanied Boris Konovlov, an unbelievably amazing pianist, on Sergi Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto 3, which is one of the most difficult pieces written for piano. It was incredible! What an opportunity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Andrea! What wonderful news!
–Colleen

Brian said...

Awesome! Kamuela Philaharmonic? I love it!