Sunday, August 24, 2008

New Digs is a Success

We moved into a new house a month ago and we recently had a new digs party. Folks seemed to have a good time, there was plenty of food and a good mix of neighbors and friends from work and church. Once the main crowd left, a few faithful party goers hung out in the back yard and played with fireballs that Melinda and Daniel brought. I finally light my sticks on fire and did an improvised fire knife routine. This is something I've wanted to do for years. Chris made a hot air balloon out of newspapers and we also played pin the tail on the donkey.

I'm settling into the second new house I've lived in this summer. We're pretty much unpacked and the light switches are starting to make sense. I have a lot of new things going on right now- new house, new husband, new name, and I also started a new job. Sort of. I still work at the paper but I am no longer a sales person. Instead, I'll be writing for the advertising department and helping with advertising-related web content. I just finished writing the advertorials for our annual Best of West Hawaii awards. It was fun to talk to people about their businesses and meet successful business owners who love their jobs (at least they say they do) And at the end of the interview I didn't have to sell them anything.

My firestick routine from Carolyn's iphone:

Looks like Joe needs a little practice at this game:

No comments: