Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Big News

A few years ago I sent out an email informing everyone that I was getting married. News spread fast, my inbox was flooded with mail and I received phone calls from as far as Germany. Most people who read my message failed to realize it was sent on April Fool's Day.

But this time it's for real. Chris and I are engaged. He proposed to me a couple of Sundays ago at a special spot on the beach at Kukio. We've already been working on wedding plans and the big day is set for June 7.

Blog readers already know my history with Chris includes hiking, caving, and learning how to spearfish and dirt bike. We met at church and got to know each other during pastor Bruce's well-known Theology 301 class. We're still amazed at how much we have in common and how much fun we always have together. My mom says I couldn't have done better and I think she's right. It's a pretty cool deal...I guess I never thought this would happen to me. And I have to admit it's still a little shocking when I catch a glimpse of the diamond ring on my finger!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! So happy to hear the great news! The ring is beautiful.
Love you!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you. I hope you always see each other as a gift from God. Here is some marriage advice that has helped me: Love is an action, always remember to choose to love each other.
The ring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your life on your blog. We feel like we are still living close.
Love, Jeanne

Brian said...

That's awesome Andrea. Your bracket winner is still alive! ... What, you're getting married too? Talk about March Madness. ... Seriously, congratulations girl!

Anonymous said...

What fantastic news! Congratulations winning the $60.00.

In addition, Chris is one lucky guy.

Tom (an old co-worker)