Friday, August 03, 2007

Hit the road, Mark

It was hard to drag myself out of bed to face today. It was a sad and solemn occasion: the lunch wagon's last day. Mark is moving to Washington. West Hawaii Today employees turn into Pavlov's dog every morning at 8:55 AM when we hear the toot, toot, toot of Mark's horn. For year's Mark has faithfully filled our tummies with good food, our faces with smiles and our spirits with inspiration. We'll miss you, old pal.

My typical lunch time routine: a lunch wagon meal and WHT comics.


Mark and his niece pose in front of our beloved "roach coach."


I dressed up as the lunch wagon for Halloween two years ago. It was my best costume ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That costume is great, but nothing will beat the ear of corn. That is still my favorite by far. I was just telling someone here about the lunch wagon. We were all hungry and wanted a variety of food – the lunch wagon would have been perfect!!!

Hope you had a great vacation. Your next one has got to be the East Coast!!

Anonymous said...

Oops! That one was from me Andrea!

Anonymous said...

Please tell us what is on the plate of food. We recognize the corn. And we can't believe you let your food touch like that... Jeanne, Ben, and Ellie

Andrea said...

You know me well, I'm not one to mix my food. It's corn (from a can) rice and turkey pot roast. It looks weird but it's pretty tasty. It's just turkey cooked with some kind of gravy pot roast style.