Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Carharts & Cabella's

For a minute, I forgot I was in Hawaii. We went down to Manuka State Park to shoot guns and two guys showed up with a truckload of guns & ammo. They even had their own custom made steel targets. Everything about them said "midwestern America," where there's a Cabella's catalog in every mail box and the state uniform is made by Carharts.

They let us shoot several of their guns. The .45 semi-automatic pistol was my favorite. Bullets made music when they hit different sized steel targets. We also shot up some diet Cokes with a deer rifle and then we did some trap shooting. I used to be a lot better at it than I am now. I've been out of Indiana too long.

Chris aims at the close target with his .22 pistol. We also shot up some Diet Cokes that were by the farther, circled target with his deer rifle. I took out a can on my first attempt.


Shooting up the metal targets...pretty, pretty music.

No comments: