Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Holoholo

I went over to Oahu for the weekend to visit a life-long friend, Jen and her husband, Erik, who are there visiting from Phoenix. Before I arrived I tried to hit as many tourist destinations as I could...first on the list was Best Buy. It was nice being back in civilization with expressways, shopping centers, chain stores. It was nice for about an hour, then I decided Oahu residents can keep it. I'm glad I live on a neighbor island!

We had a pretty fun time. Ate the best shrimp in the world at Romy's Shrimp Shack in Kahuku, hung out on Sunset Beach, hiked to the top of Diamond Head, hiked to Manoa Falls, ate at the other Kona Brew Pub, and got pounded in the shorebreak at Sandy's. A successful trip!

Kona Brew Pub at Koko Marina: I felt right at home, we had a great time! I sure wish the original Kona Brew Pub would add the seafood chowder to their menu.

Manoa Falls wasn't that impressive, but it was a beautiful hike and the pouring rain added to the amibance.


The view from the top of Diamnond Head

No comments: