Monday, January 01, 2007

It's Knight Time

Congratulations to Hoosier/Texan Bobby Knight who achieved his 880th win as a Division 1 college basketball coach today in Texas Tech's game against New Mexico. He now has more Division 1 wins than any other coach in history. I can't say I have always supported Knight's behavior, but he sure entertained me and my Indiana University peers when we were students there. Watching Bobby throw a tantrum and get thrown out of a game was just as thrilling as the great sport of basketball itself.

Rubbing elbows with the big shots: Here's a photo of me with Knight that was taken a week before I graduated IU. They must have taken it just as I was blinking, the picture of me is terrible- but that's just proof that it's not Photoshopped.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Even Bobby's harshest critics have to give him his due: The new record is an awesome accomplishment.

One thing I love about Knight - his near 100 percent graduation rate for his players. Say what you will about him, but he makes sure his players graduate.

Isn't that what college is for?