Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'm a Sponger

Every surfer I know has been jonesing for waves. Pine no more, winter water has finally arrived. I just didn't feel like surfing today so I grabbed my boogie board and headed north. It was big and nasty at Kua Bay. It sure looked fun, but I didn't feel like dying today so I moved on. There were some beautiful waves breaking off the southern point of Beach 69 in Puako, but they were too big for me as well. So I decided to fight the crowds at Hapuna, I don't think I've been there for a year or more. And I had a blast! I forgot how fun boogie boarding is...make fun of me all you want, I enjoy it more than surfing. I can't even tell you how many times I got barrelled (OK, so I went over the falls a few times, too, but even that was fun) I rode waves until I was so exhausted I could barely walk back to the car.


Body boarding Hapuna Beach- my waterproof houseing didin't hold the water out for long in today's conditions. It started leaking after two sets of waves.


Kua Bay was gnarly. It looked fun but I was just too chicken:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
I'm with you...boogie boarding sounds like fun. The waves are so beautiful. I can't wait to visit someday and go any kind of boarding!!
Jeanne