Sunday, December 10, 2006

Fun-filled Weekend

The Holualoa lights festival is a Christmas tradition I look forward to every year. I love the small town charm and old Hawaii feel. My favorite group this year was the ukulele band singing Christmas songs in Hawaiian on the lanai of the old Holualoa post office, which is practically small enough to fit in my bedroom. We continued the festivities at Baron's with pizza and beer. Sorry I forgot the camera.

Saturday was kayaking with my new friends Chris and Laurie. We set out on the beach at Kiholo Bay and paddled north where we did some snorkeling and Chris tried to catch an octopus. The wind picked up and it was REALLY blowing. Paddling against the wind would have been entirely out of the question, and we couldn't turn right or left, either. It would have been a scary situation except the wind was blowing in the exact direction we needed to go. So we braved the swells and whitecaps as we coasted all the way back to the beach without hardly even paddling.

Here's a photo I took after the wind died down:

No comments: