Wednesday, October 25, 2006


Time to hit the trail

Here's Brian, Danielle, me, Hubert and Dave at the North Kaibab trailhead. We couldn't see the canyon through the forest and I was so anxious to catch my first glimpse. We hiked 7 miles the first day, and it was definitely the hardest day. I felt great while we were doing it, but I had some pretty sore muscles and toes the next day. The trail is steep, and we just keept hiking down and down and down... The whole time I was thinking, "We have to hike back up."

We ate Thai chicken pasta salad for lunch and chicken buittos for supper (not your average backpacking food on this trip!) Our first campsite was beside a creek and it was in a wide part of the canyon so we had a big view of the sky. I didn't put the rain fly on the tent so I could gaze at the stars, and I tried my hardest to stay awake. I didn't want to miss a minute of it!

Hiking the North Kaibab trail:



The view near the top of the North Rim:

No comments: