Sunday, October 29, 2006


Sedona

After the Grand Canyon hike I spent two nights camping in Sedona. I did some hiking in Oak Creek Canyon, including the West Fork River hike pictured above. After three miles the trail is the river and red canyon walls rise up out of the water on either side. I appreciated the fall foliage and the scent of autumn leaves and ponderosa pines.

My second night of camping became exciting when a storm rolled in. Huge lightening bolts tore across the sky so I retreated to the car for safety. The wind picked up pretty good, too, which didn't concern me until a huge tree fell down in the woods right behind my tent. The lightening came and went throughout the night so I kept going from the tent to the car and back. I finally got sick of that so I packed up at first light and headed south toward the sunshine to Phoenix.

No comments: