Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fool for Jesus

I certainly felt silly tonight. I went over to Calvary Community Church, which was my church until I started going somewhere else about 8 months ago. I was in the mood to worship Jesus, and figured I'd just sit in the back and slip out when the music was over. God had a different idea. When I got there Tsuneo asked me to lead worship because there was no one else to do it. I just started laughing. "I can't do that!" "Well you can sing, can't you?" "We'll I DO sing, that doesn't mean I CAN sing." But it made me sad to think this service would take place without any worship so I reluctantly went home to get my guitar. Tsuneo made me leave my Bible behind at the church. I asked her, "are you afraid I won't come back?" "Yes," she said.

I pulled out my dusty guitar, rusty strings and all and just started playing whatever songs I could find that have easy chords. I had to stop playing one song because I forgot how to make an 'E' chord. It was also a bit shocking to be singing into a microphone. The only time I have done that is at the Parott's Lounge after a few Kona brews. But I guess it was a neat experience. It amazes me that God wants to be a part of our lives, and will use us for his purposes, even if we really don't know what we are doing. I doubt the music sounded very pretty tonight, but if it caused someone to think about how good God is, or if it caused someone to sing praise about him, then I suppose it got the job done. I am really stoked that God could have a use for me, and that he wants to be a part of my life. Is that cool or what? I am used to making myself look ridiculous, anyway, so I figure I might was well be a fool for Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice day for you!
Coll