Sunday, August 06, 2006

The road to the sea...


...continues for 6 bumpy miles through ohia forests and barren piles of rock. I went with the neighbors who also live in California. They drive the Rubicon every year and their Big Island ride is a huge Surburban, lifted with big fat tires on it. This truck will run over virtually anything. The road leading from the highway is just washboard and bumpy, but then you head north toward the beach and that's when things get rough. There is no way my Liberty would have made it. But riding on the road is what made the day so entertaining.

Once we got there, we had a large black and green sand beach all to ourselves. We played in the shorebreak, snorkled, and I climbed up a cinder cone in my slippers and scraped up my toe. That's a typical weekend day for me.

No comments: