Thursday, August 10, 2006


Product Review

The news today is Code Orange. Some terrorists got busted and George Bush's ridiculous terror threat has been raised to high. Now people can't even bring chap stick on an airplane.

But that's nothing. Today I opened the fridge and realized we were at CODE RED right here at home- we were out of beer! I ran down to Long's and decided to try something new, Waimea Brewing Company's Waimea Bay Pale Ale. I knew I was taking a risk because I haven't been impressed with other Hawaiian microbrews like Mehana and Brew Moon. (Kona Brewing Company, on the other hand, makes some of the best beer in the world)

Well, I don't recommend Waimea Brewing Company. There was a bit of hop taste, which I liked, but not enough. The beer lacked flavor and body and I just wasn't happy with it. I checked out their website and remembered that I was at their brewery a few years ago and wasn't impressed then, either. The beer was so/so and the people working behind the bar were downright rude. I don't think they liked tourists at their bar.

But tonight I was not unhappy. Mediocre beer is better than none, and after putting up with plenty of junk at work this week practically any beer can lift my spirits. All was right with the world as I sipped my ice cold brew and sat down to watch a few Thundercat episodes (see Wiley-Cat on TV in the photo?)

No comments: