Tuesday, January 10, 2006


Jeep's first oil change...

Well, almost

It was a disappointing day. I am convinced the woes started back in 1998 when the Germans bought Chrysler, how un-American is that? They just don't know how to make Jeeps. Not only does my "trail rated" Jeep Liberty 4X4 have less than 6.5 inches of ground clearance (though they advertise 9.5) now I find out the oil filter is in a ridiculously hard to reach spot. I know that's minor, but it's pretty lame, too. Today would have been an exciting day for my Jeep...like a bar mitzpha at 3,200 miles. Instead it was a waste of time and oil because we couldn't get the stupid oil filter off. My dad's gonna buy a different tool and try again tomorrow. But in the mean time we had to refill the Jeep up with 5 quarts of oil that will just go down the drain tomorrow.

Stolen trailer

I am also angry because someone stole my dad's Costco trailer right out of the driveway last night. It's worth $750. I am determined to find the people with our trailer. The plan is to flatten their tires to slow them down while I figure out a way to get the trailer back. (my new Jeep did come with the tow package) I am mad at them for taking the trailer and mad at myself for not waking up and defending it. I have devised several ways in my head that would have stopped the thieves...they involve the cannon, cowboy crackers, Smith & Wesson, and even my new leatherman. My perfect scenario of defending the trailer is something like defending the Alamo or, more accurately, like the scene in Christmas Story when Ralphie saves the day with his trusty Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle. The weird part about the theft is my dad dreamed someone was trying to steal his trailer last night. He woke up today and it was gone.

2 comments:

baron said...

How old is the trailer? Maybe if it's new and bought with an AmEx card at Costco American Express might replace it for free. I know gold cards from VISA/MC have loss protection in the first month or something like that.

I'm sure the next trailer will probably get a good paint job on it so you can easily identify the thief. But I'm sure it would also be chained up.

Andrea said...

We've had the trailor more than a year. It had license plates and its own serial number, but I don't expect the cops to do anything.

He used to chain the trailer until he drove off with the post he chained it to. We're already discussing the paint job he'll put on the next trailer.